After reading about gOS and the $200 machines it comes on now selling at W
almart, I had to try it for myself. I downloaded the torrent, fired up Azureus, burned the DVD, and tried it on my Dell 610.
- gOS is a custom version of Ubuntu with close Google integration (hence the g in gOS)
- Instead of installed apps, much of the functionality is based around one-click access to Google’s suite fo web-services
- Frees and open source OS
- Clean interface
- Not very intuitive
- Couldn’t remove mounted drives from desktop
- Unusual implementation of an OS X type doc (Apps on one side minimized apps/docs on the other)
- I love the integration of web apps and installed apps in the OS.
- I think the GUI is to different from XP, KDE, Gnome, and not enough like OS X
- Everything feels v1.0 because it is v1.0….I will save any more time playing with this distro for v2.0
Powered by ScribeFire.